Monday, April 21

ITV Sport Win BAFTA....Somehow

ITV Sport picked up a BAFTA award for their coverage of the 2007 Canadian Grand Prix.

I’m sure they are well happy with it and will no doubt prattle on about how great they are. Maybe this is a point where I should say that this goes against everything I’ve said against them? Maybe I and most people who watch have been wrong around about their bias coverage. Maybe we’re wrong....

..and then you think about it. Firstly, it’s a British based award. Secondly, who won the race – Lewis Hamilton - his first race win. Add in the fact that the last time ITV Sport won an award for its race coverage was the Hungarian Grand Prix in 2006. Wait a minute, I bet that sounds familiar.
It was Jenson Buttons first (and only) Grand Prix win.

Hmm... coincidence?

No comments: