Wednesday, November 19

Brundle to the Beeb

Martin Brundle has confirmed he will be a part of the BBC F1 coverage next season.

This is news I am fairly happy about. For me, he was the only member of the ITV Sport team who came out with any sort of creditability from the last few years. What makes me happier is that none of the other members of the team seem to be on their way. No word about James Allen or Mark Blundell. I would do a little dance if my leg wasn’t sore.

There were rumours floating around about attempts by the FIA to put the kibosh on the move, but nothing really ever came of it. BBC have captured an experienced and well respected commentator – an impressive notch on their belt. It will be interesting to see how the new team builds up in the coming months and what else we learn about the new coverage.

No comments: